One of the year's most talked about music films, 'Inside Llewyn Davis' offered a glimpse into the Greenwich Village folk scene which germinated in New York during the 1960s.
Alongside this film, Showtime organised a documentary about the music scene, in addition to arranging a one off concert featuring modern performers.
Broadcast as a documentary, 'Another Day, Another Time: Celebrating the Music of 'Inside Llewyn Davis'' will be released as a studio album.
T. Bone Burnett oversees the production of the album: "'Inside Llewyn Davis' was filled with live performances of some of the folk songs that had survived the McCarthy hearings. Some of the songs were a hundred years old; some had just been written but sounded a hundred years old. In order to get attention for a film that was not exactly on the beat we decided to throw a concert featuring the actors and musicians who had performed in the movie and on the soundtrack. We also invited members of the extraordinary community of musicians who have coalesced around this old music – and have kept it alive in the wake of the most recent technological revolution – to join us that night. We asked them to perform an old song and one of their new songs."
'Another Day, Another Time: Celebrating the Music of 'Inside Llewyn Davis'' will be available from January 12th. Tracklisting:
1. Tumbling Tumbleweed (Bob Nolan) - Punch Brothers
2. Rye Whiskey (Chris Thile/Noam Pikelny/Gabe Witcher/Chris Eldridge/Paul Kowert) - Punch Brothers
3. Will the Circle Be Unbroken? (A.P. Carter) - Gillian Welch
4. The Way It Goes (David Rawlings/Gillian Welch) - Gillian Welch & David Rawlings
5. The Midnight Special (Traditional, Arr. David Rawlings/Willie Watson) - Willie Watson
6. I Hear Them All | This Land Is Your Land (David Rawlings/Ketch Secor | Woody Guthrie) - Dave Rawlings Machine
7. New York (Kenneth Pattengale/Joseph Ryan) - The Milk Carton Kids
8. Tomorrow Will Be Kinder (Laura Rogers/Lydia Rogers) - Secret Sisters
9. You Go Down Smooth (Michael Olson) - Lake Street Dive
10. Please Mr. Kennedy (Ed Rush/George Cromarty/T Bone Burnett/Justin Timberlake/Ethan Coen/Joel Coen) - Elvis Costello, Oscar Isaac & Adam Driver
11. Four Strong Winds (Ian Tyson) - Conor Oberst
12. Man Named Truth (Conor Oberst) - Conor Oberst
13. Blues Run the Game (Jackson C. Frank) - Colin Meloy
14. Joe Hill (Alfred Hayes/Earl Robinson) - Joan Baez, Colin Meloy & Gillian Welch
15. All My Mistakes (Scott Avett/Timothy Avett/Robert Crawford) - The Avett Brothers
16. That's How I Got to Memphis (Tom T. Hall) - The Avett Brothers
17. Head Full of Doubt/Road Full of Promise (Scott Avett/Timothy Avett/Robert Crawford) - The Avett Brothers
1. Mama's Angel Child (Traditional) - Jack White
2. Did You Hear John Hurt? (Tom Paxton) - Jack White
3. We're Going to Be Friends (Jack White) - Jack White
4. Waterboy (Traditional, Arr. Rhiannon Giddens) - Rhiannon Giddens
5. 'S iomadh rud tha dhìth orm / Ciamar a nì mi 'n dannsa dìreach (Traditional, Arr. Rhiannon Giddens/Leyla McCalla) - Rhiannon Giddens
6. Hang Me, Oh Hang Me (Traditional, Arr. T Bone Burnett/Oscar Isaac) - Oscar Isaac
7. Green, Green Rocky Road (Len Chandler/Robert Kaufman) - Oscar Isaac
8. Tomorrow Is a Long Time (Bob Dylan) - Keb' Mo'
9. Rock Salt and Nails (Bruce Phillips) - Bob Neuwirth
10. The Auld Triangle (Brendan Behan) - Chris Thile, Chris Eldridge, Paul Kowert, Marcus Mumford, Noam Pikelny & Gabe Witcher
11. Didn't Leave Nobody But The Baby (Gillian Welch/Alan Lomax/T Bone Burnett) - Gillian Welch, Rhiannon Giddens & Carey Mulligan
12. Which Side Are You On? (Florence Reece) Elvis Costello & Joan Baez
13. House of the Rising Sun (Traditional, Arr. Joan Baez) Joan Baez
14. Give Me Cornbread When I'm Hungry (Traditional, Arr. Dirk Powell) - Marcus Mumford & Joan Baez
15. I Was Young When I Left Home (Bob Dylan) - Marcus Mumford
16. Fare Thee Well (Dink's Song) (Traditional, Arr. T Bone Burnett) - Oscar Isaac & Marcus Mumford
17. Farewell (Bob Dylan) - Marcus Mumford & Punch Brothers