The Golden Boy took his name from a piece of street art in his native Birmingham, a cocky but straightforward assertion from the rising producer.
Although he's been making music for over four years now, the producer only began to catch wider attention about 18 months ago.
A series of high profile slots was followed by a bass-heavy re-work of Lauryn Hill's 'Doo Wop (That Thing)' – before Kerri Chandler came calling.
The house guru signed The Golden Boy to his MadTech imprint, releasing an EP of strident, bass-flavoured electronics.
Set to dominate the summer, Clash invited The Golden Boy to craft a special instalment of our weekly mix series. Opening with Jovonn and Cockney Lama, it's a dextrous, diverse yet ultimately direct selection from a talent who knows how to work the floor.
Check it out now.
1. Jovonn - 'Pianos Of Gold'
2. Cockney Lama - 'Kid In Chicago'
3. Johnick - 'Magic' (Armand Van Helden Mix)
4. Pete Dorling - 'Mase The Ace'
5. Blue Boy - 'Remember Me' (Deep Zone Mix)
6. The Golden Boy - 'All The Way'
7. Adri Block - 'Stay Away'
8. Reboot - 'Saltea'
9. Dj Haus - 'High Voltage Houz!'
10. The Golden Boy - 'The Promise' (Tommy Vercetti Remix)
11. Cera Alba - 'Vision'
12. Krankbrother - 'Child's Play'
13. Modjo - 'Lady'